1. Unbox your beacons
Watch this video to learn how to insert batteries into your beacons and make sure they're working properly.
2. Install the Beaconstac app
The Beaconstac app lets you view the status of your beacons, make configuration changes, etc. Install the app and login with the email address you used while placing your order.
3. Configure your smartphone
To ensure you receive beacon-triggered Nearby or Physical Web notifications, follow the steps below for iOS and Android smartphones.
- Turn Bluetooth ON by swiping up from the bottom of the screen when the screen is on.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and add the Chrome widget to your ‘Today’ screen.
- When in the vicinity of your beacons (usually within 20 metres at default settings), you should see a list of web URLs with Physical Web icon next to them.
- Turn Bluetooth ON by swiping the slider for Bluetooth inside Settings.
- Turn Location ON by swiping the slider for Location inside Settings.
- Grant the location permission to Chrome (on Android 6.0 and above) by going to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Permission. Touch the slider to turn Location on.
- When you're in range of your beacons (usually within 20 metres at default settings), you should receive a notification with the Physical Web icon.
4. Login to the dashboard
The Beaconstac dashboard allows you to centrally manage your fleet of beacons, run campaigns, and gather analytics - all in one place.
Login to your account at https://manage.beaconstac.com with the email address you used while placing your order.
You're all set!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Beaconstac beacons require 4 AA batteries to power up (not included in your kit). To power the beacon on, open the battery compartment and place the batteries inside. You should see a red LED blink for 2-3 seconds after inserting the batteries. Open the Beaconstac app > My Beacons to verify that the beacon is active and visible.
No. Bluetooth and Location need to be turned on for beacons to be visible to your mobile phone.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to modify the UUID or major/minor values of the beacons.
Beaconstac broadcasts notifications via both Physical Web and Nearby Notifications. This lets you reach out to both Android and iOS users at your physical location.